Sběratel.com

Diskusní fórum o sběratelství

Sběratel.com » Pražské groše » Production defect or wear?

Vykupminci.cz
Numisargo

Production defect or wear?

Moderátoři: jacx, oliver, pavelgregor, smith.

Nové téma Další příspěvek

Stránka: 1

Autor Příspěvek
Registrovaný uživatel
Hi there!
There's a Prague groschen of George of Podiebrad, on which approximately one-third of the coin on both sides is about perfect – the surface between the lion's paws shines as it's in mint condition. At the same time, the rest of the surface is almost flat. I wonder if this is caused by the coin usage or some kind of production defect? Thanks. If this matters, the coin came from the big hoard of Wenceslaus IV groschens.
Registrovaný uživatel
Hi Alex,
it is necessary to show a photo of the coin.
Registrovaný uživatel
In my opinion, this is very common on George´s coins of this type. I have such one, as well.
Registrovaný uživatel
kacuro napsal
Hi Alex,
it is necessary to show a photo of the coin.
Registrovaný uživatel
Oh, sorry. I was sure I have attached the photo. A file was bigger than 2 mb and didn't upload. Let me try once again.
Registrovaný uživatel
Here we go!

Obrázky:

Obrázek vložený uživatelem

Registrovaný uživatel
sigur napsal
In my opinion, this is very common on George´s coins of this type. I have such one, as well.

Hi Sigur! Thanks for the reply. So how do you think, is this a production defect or a result of usage?
Registrovaný uživatel
In case of the usage option it would be worn the same way on the whole surface. This is about the angle of stamp held in the hand of the minter while striking, which means it´s the matter of production.
« Poslední úpravu provedl(a) ___ v 17. 5. 2020, 21:03. »
Registrovaný uživatel
One example of Georgius Primus from my collection with the similar error (but I´ve seen many of them like this)... ;)

Obrázky:

Registrovaný uživatel
I see. I didn't expect it was rare or something like that – just wanted to confirm or deny my guess about the defect of production.
Registrovaný uživatel
The general rule: More details means the higher grade. ;) Less details means...you know what :)
Moderátor
Hi guys... Sorry I have to step in this conversation. Maybe just because i see someone new, someone who is from different country.. ;)
alex-de where are you coming from? If is not the secret.. ;)
Sigure is right more details is higher grade, that means more money.. :)

Nové téma Další příspěvek

Stránka: 1

Sběratel.com » Pražské groše » Production defect or wear?

Diskusní fórum | Sberatel.com | články | inzerce | katalog | mince | sběratelé | zápalky |

TOPlist
Sběratel.com je poháněno systémem UseBB 1